Yesterday was my first outing with the kids by myself! Brady was (mostly) helpful and good - he held my hand in the parking lot and hospital and had a snack while we watched the informational 2-week power point presentation the Army gives all parents.
Lexi is now 8 lbs, 7 ounces (3 ounces over birth weight) and is 21 inches long (a whole 3/4 inch in 2 weeks!). She peed on the weight/measuring table while her diaper was off - I swear, I don't know where this child hides all the fluid inside of her. I've been peed on more times in the last 2 weeks by Lexi than I EVER was with Brady. Seriously.
A week ago, I asked about the skin tag by Lexi's ear to make sure it wasn't something they wanted to look at more closely. The doctor, Dr. Lay, told me a week ago that it was nothing to worry about and that the Army wouldn't pay to have it removed. George and I figured that was the end of discussion about it.
Yesterday, the SAME doctor looked at her and decided that since it's not just a skin tag, but there is a small growth (the size of my pinky nail) attached to it, they want to send her to the ENT to check it out. Dr. Lay even said that they might consider reconstructive surgery!
I just don't get it. I HATE being a number to these doctors. I've met with this woman 3 times in the last two weeks - she's the doctor who wrote my prescriptions for my breast infections, she examined Lexi for her 1-week, and again yesterday for her 2-week. I do NOT understand how someone can not even slightly remember the patients she sees. She's even seen me come in with Brady all those times. I'm not saying we stand out or anything...I dunno. Just my gripe for the day, I guess.
So, I'm waiting for the phone call to schedule the specialist appointment. Between that, the renal ultrasound for Lexi (also because of the skin tag thing), Brady's 2-year WC, and my 6-week post-partum check up, I am going to be living at the hospital during March!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I'm sorry it seems like you'll be spending a ton of time at the hospital in March, Court. Hang in there. I'm sure everything will be okay. :)
Also, I stole your weight loss ticker idea. I hope you don't mind! Great idea!
Post a Comment