Recovery is ok. Breastfeeding is making me cramp, but hopefully that makes my uterus shrink even faster! I am moving alright considering I had the episiotomy. My back is sore, but I think that is more from being stressed about BF-ing and the pain I've been in.
Unfortunately, I ALREADY have yeast infections in BOTH of my breasts. I have been in excruciating pain the last 48 hours while breastfeeding - cracked, dry nipples and a burning sensation with every suck. When she latched on each time, I literally had tears running down my face. Poor George had to watch me cry at both the 4am and 7:30am feedings. He was on the phone with the mother and baby unit asking the nurses for help at 4am, then on the phone with the lactation consultant (LC) at 8am when they opened.
They were able to fit us in this afternoon, so I have Nystatin cream, Diflucan for 5 days, and they put in for an antibiotic in case it doesn't start to clear up in the next 24-48 hours. They also lent me a hospital grade pump to use since it's so painful to actually nurse. I was using a Medela handpump (the Harmony) and I was only getting about 2 ounces TOTAL from my breasts since I was in so much pain. The LC gave me larger breastshields to use with the pumps (standard is 24, they gave me 30's). I pumped on both sides about an hour ago and got 3 from one side and almost 2 from another! It wasn't as painful as the actual BF-ing, too, so I'm hoping the pump will help while I get things cleared up so I can go back to feeding normally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment