We have amazing neighbors!
Our next door neighbors, Becky and Brett, we kind enough to watch for Christmas presents or stray mail that were delivered while we were visiting my parents in Ohio. When we got back, George and I invited them to dinner and they invited us over two weekends later. I've enjoyed getting to know them and their daughter, Lauren. Lauren is really good at keeping Brady busy so that we're able to have some adult time, too.
This evening, Becky called to invite me to a movie (Bride Wars) since neither Brett nor George wanted to take us to see a chick flick. George was nice enough to insist that I enjoy some girl time before Lexi comes and did the single parent thing for dinner and bedtime for Brady so that we could catch an early movie.
It was nice to talk with a female, one-on-one! Whitney has been out to visit us already (THANK YOU, WIFEY!!), but it's nice to know someone here in Tennessee.
Anyway, through our chatting in the car, before the movie, and after the movie, Becky asked where Brady's daycare is (since we listed her as the 3rd emergency contact) in case she ever needs to pick him up for us. She asked what we were doing with Brady when I went into labor and when I told her I had no idea and that it was a source of recent anxiety, she insisted that we call her, day or night, to have her take Brady for us.
I don't know how we got lucky enough to move in next door to someone who is so willing to be friendly and helpful, but thank God! I liked Becky before this evening, and I like her even more now. Not just because of her offer to help with Brady, but because she recognizes that I do get lonely for adult conversation during the day while everyone is at work and makes an effort to get me out of the house for girl time and adult time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I'm so glad it all worked out!! You have awesome neighbors :) Love you much, wifey!!
Aw, that's so nice of her! I'm glad you have it all figured out now. :)
Post a Comment