I'm trying my best to keep with "all natural" methods of inducing my own labor. Last night I made a list of things I wanted to get done this weekend:
1. Clean out the junk from the Jeep (old mail, empty cereal containers, etc).
2. Install the infant car seat.
3. Take a walk Saturday.
4. Clean the baby swing we got on freecycle (OMG, it's so gross...I'm hoping I can salvage it).
5. Go grocery shopping with George's help.
6. Start AND finish Brady's laundry.
7. Take a walk on Sunday.
and somehow, the following got added on:
8. Vacuum the Jeep.
9. Windex the windows of the Jeep.
10. Use Clorox Wipes on the interior of the car and floor mats (because what's the point in vacuuming if the whole car isn't going to be clean, right?).
11. Take the Jeep to a car wash.
So far, I have finished (1), (2), (3), and half of (6). Of course, doing (1) let me see how dirty my car was (it hadn't been cleaned since October 29 - GROSS) and I couldn't do (2) until I (8). Once I did (8), I figured, it's only another 30 minutes of work - I'll (9) and (10). My Jeep is now GORGEOUS on the inside - the poor outside looks like it's seen better days (and really, after a trip across the Pacific Ocean, a trip across the US to St. Louis, MO, a trip to Clarksville, TN, a trip to Sylvania, OH, multiple trips to Nashville, TN, and a ton of driving all over town and Fort Campbell, the Jeep got all her dirt honestly!
Lauren (Becky's daughter) rocks! She saw us come outside this morning and came outside to help keep Brady entertained. WOW - she was awesome. I got a good hour of work done with no interruptions. A few cars, a ball, and "talking" to their dogs - and Brady was thrilled to have a kid play with him. We REALLY got lucky with having great neighbors!
I was surprised at how easy it was to install the infant seat. I don't even remember installing it myself in my car. I know Mom installed it in her car so that we could bring Brady home and then I think she installed it into my car since I was still recovering from the c-section. She said it was hard, but I think the latch system confused her. Either that or I over-simplified it and the hospital here won't let me leave, LOL. It's amazing how when we bought the Jeep it seemed SO big and that we'd TOTALLY have enough room for 2 kids. The car seats are so bulky, though, it makes the Jeep look small. :(
The walk was amazing - amazing to find out JUST how out of shape I am and JUST how much it hurts to have a 7 pound (ish) baby sitting on a dilating cervix. WOW. It was only about 1.2 miles, too.
So, I just have to finish Brady's laundry (since it's in the washing machine right now), make a grocery list so that George and I have something to follow once he gets home from work and Brady wakes up from his nap, and clean the swing. I am seriously putting off the swing...it's so gross. I'm actually starting to consider just taking it to Goodwill (or the dump since I don't know if Goodwill would accept something like that) and just making due without a swing until Mom and Dad can come visit at the end of the month. Actually, now that I just reasoned it out in my head, Goodwill is right near the car wash - the swing goes! It's not like I paid for it, right?
So add another one:
12. Take the swing to Goodwill.
Bad news: I'll be extremely sore and tired after today.
Good news: If I get most of it done today, I might go into labor! Otherwise, I'll just be able to lounge around tomorrow (except for the Sunday walk) and hope that the full moon/eclipse on Monday send me over the edge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment