baby

baby development

Friday, March 6, 2009

Longest Week EVER

I don't know why or how, but this was the longest week ever.

Brady's birthday party was Sunday and my parents left Tuesday morning. It was only 3 days ago, but it feels like it was a lot longer than that.

Photobucket

Really, nothing spectacular happened. Tuesday I napped (finally!), Wednesday I did a LOT of laundry, Thursday I ran errands with the kids (got George more cologne and went to the grocery store), then picked up my new breast pump and went to Walmart for a few things after Brady went to bed. Today I had Lexi's renal ultrasound, I scheduled our next WIC appointment, and registered for classes (a feat in itself because of the involved conversations on the phone about switching my major and making sure my financial aid is in place).

I'm nervous about starting school again! In order to keep my financial aid, I have to take 2 classes in session B (April 27 - June 21). I've never taken two online classes at the same time before (let alone with 2 children). I'm hoping by then Lexi will be sleeping through the night. I'll be taking a self-paced math class and the introduction to health services.

Obviously, I had a last minute change of heart. I am not going for a degree in Criminal Justice anymore. I decided on Health Services Management. I know, I know - it's, like, the third change I've made in a year. But, after looking at all of the classes in the program, I feel like I will be interested in EVERY class, even if they are hard. There were a couple classes in the CJ program that seemed really overwhelming to me - even the "intro" class wanted me to have a year of experience in the field. With HSM, the intro class is a true introduction.

Lexi's ultrasound was...different! When we were referred, I wondered how they would ultrasound a baby. To look at Lexi's kidneys, I had to hold her legs down nearly flat on the table, then had to roll her to each side holding legs and arms as still as I could, then had to let them check out Lexi's bladder by holding her legs apart at the knees. My poor baby! She was amazing though. She didn't cry nearly as much as I thought she might. I didn't do ANY research before this ultrasound on what they could be looking for. Apparently, people with skin tags have a history of having kidney problems as well. I only got that information from mentioning it to a few friends who have known someone with a skin tag. Anyway, I basically got the same information from Google. After reading that it could be a kidney thing, I decided that I don't really want to research it! I don't want to focus on something negative and get stressed out and worked up over something that Lexi may or may not have. The ultrasound tech did put in her notes that Lexi had a small amount of fluid in her left kidney, but until I hear something from the radiologist or her pediatrician, I am not going to make it a concern. Nothing showed up in the 20-week ultrasound when I was pregnant, either, so I'm hoping that is a good sign.

Photobucket
(Sorry Molly, I know you hate the big bows, but I can't resist!)

Not much is going on this weekend. It's supposed to be warm, so George and I are going to try to do things outside with Brady and Lexi. It may be hard, though - I think Brady, Lexi and I all have colds. Or allergies. According to someone we talked to at the Japanese place we went to for our anniversary, Clarksville is, statistically, the worst place in the world for people with pollen allergies. Which is awesome because I, of course, have a pollen allergy. Anyway, I'm not sure which way we're leaning, so I'm hoping for some sign, I guess. Until then, Tylenol and Sudafed are my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Lexi is so freakin cute, Court. I love the bow! Also, I think it's good that you aren't stressing too much over the skin tag issue. You don't want to get yourself all worked up before you know the official results. I'm so glad things are going well with you and your family! :)

Sasha said...

Oh my gosh, Lexi is adorable! I SOOO want a girl!!!