I've been bitching to my mom and a couple girlfriends about how much I basically dislike Lexi. I've been so ashamed thinking that and feeling that way. I've had a really rough time mentally and emotionally where Lexi is concerned. She's been SO difficult the last couple weeks and I have been at my wit's end trying to figure out how to make her stop screaming all the time.
The last week, I've done research about colic and how to remedy it - limiting dairy intake, mylicon drops, extra snuggle time, cry-it-out methods, etc. Turns out, I don't think she's colicky at all. I think she's hungry and likes to be held by George and I.
Last night, George and I got a babysitter and went to dinner. I was making Lexi's bottles for the sitter with my frozen breastmilk and I wasn't sure how much she's been getting from me since I haven't pumped in a while. I fed her from one boob, pumped two ounces from the other. I was getting so much more a couple weeks ago!
I ended up making 2 seperate 4oz bottles since I wasn't sure and I wanted to give the sitter more rather than less. We were gone for exactly 4 hours and Lexi DEMOLISHED the 8oz of breastmilk.
OF COURSE - she's been hungry and I haven't been feeding her enough, quantity or frequency!
I've been feeding her on both sides each feeding (DUH, I should have been doing that all along) and I'm sore, but I know in a day or two, she'll be MUCH happier since I'll have more milk to give her. I just feel so STUPID for not figuring it out sooner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Hopefully baby and mama will feel better soon! I wish babies could talk, it would be a hell of a lot easier!
We didn't buy Josh's skates...they were a gift for his FIRST birthday!! Obviously we didn't crack them out until he was two...but he does ok...I would check Target or Walmart.
Thats where I was going when I asked how much she was taking with the bottle. Oh well, thats why you keep trying different things... love you all!
You're not stupid, my love...trial and error :) I hope she'll start sleeping more with a full belly!
Post a Comment