George gets on my case sometimes about how unsocial I am or how I don't want to go to Army functions and meet people. I guess I have reservations about making awesome friends and then having to leave them all over the country. I'm not saying that I want to be isolated, but I AM isolated when I move to a new post because I don't know anyone.
We watched the Army Wives season finale tonight. The character who plays the General's wife, Claudia Joy, is telling her "group" that her husband has been given a position that requires him to move overseas. One of the women gets upset and leaves kind of abruptly. As the scene faded to commercial, George said "And that's why you shouldn't get attached."
So how does this work? How do you make friends that you WANT to see on a regular basis but not get attached? If you know the answer please share it. You're probably better suited for Army wife life than I am. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment