George called Fort Campbell's housing office this morning to find out just how long the waiting list is for a 3 bedroom house - it's a TWO MONTH wait. I'm sorry, we just cannot live in a one-bedroom hotel room for that long, we'll be on top of each other all the time and we will want to shoot each other.
So, George and I decided that after looking (online) at real estate in Clarksville, TN, we are going to really consider buying a house. I spent the better part of the morning on the phone with USAA so that we can get pre-qualified for a mortgage. That way, we'll know exactly what we can afford and agents will be more willing to work with us while we're still in Hawaii. I'm currently waiting for a phone call back from them.
I also called DeVry to find out why my military discount was never applied to my account during Summer semester (which ended last Thursday). I swear, I feel like I was on the phone with them every other week trying to straighten this out. The girl today told me that because my military ID had expired, they couldn't dispurse the discount to my account! I don't understand why after repeated calls throughout the semester, only NOW does it come out that the ID they had on file was expired. I made a new copy of the ID, scanned it in, and e-mailed it to the girl I was on the phone with. Hopefully this will be it - George and I need that money to go back into our savings account! If I wasn't only 13 classes from graduating and wasn't on the Dean's List, I would seriously consider just throwing in the towel.
I had my 24 week OB appointment yesterday and left in near tears - they cannot do anything for the pain I'm in after I've been walking for 20 minutes (ie - groceries, errands). They also refused to give me anything to help me sleep. My last ditch effort was to try the medicine that Shannon has been on, Unisom, since it's an OTC. I sent George out to look for it and he found the generic of a different brand name with the same active ingredient. I took the (generic) Sominex last night around 8:15pm, felt sleepy around 8:50pm, so I shut off the tv. I was out by 9pm and didn't fully wake up until about 7:30am. I woke up periodically through the night, but it wasn't awful since I was able to readjust and go back to sleep quickly. I'll be taking it again tonight - I just want to make sure that it was the medicine working and not just me being tired from only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before. Whatever made me sleep so long, thank God for it - I DO feel better today.
On a much brighter note, it's Halloween! Brady is going to be a dinosaur and we're going trick-or-treating with his friends Collin and Caleb. We're all doing an early dinner at Jessica and Jason's before we meet up with the other Jessica at 5:15 - so I need to be up there around 4:15 so that we can put the salad together, my plain pasta cooked, and get the garlic bread in the oven. I have never liked Halloween very much, but I am looking forward to seeing how happy the kids are. I can't wait to post pictures of Brady and the boys in their costumes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment