baby

baby development

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another busy day

I am dog tired and have GOT to get to bed early tonight (says the silly girl while the clock says 10:55pm)!

After Brady woke up at least once an hour last night, I finally had enough around 1:30 and bundled us up for the ER since there was frost on the ground. Thankfully, there was NO ONE in the ER - when does that ever happen? The triage nurse took Brady's vitals before we went back to see the doctor - OMG poor baby had a 104 degree fever and his blood pressure was so high! I felt like the world's worst mommy! After 4 rectal temperatures, a pee-collection bag, x-rays of his chest, tubes of blood taken AND an IV, the doctor told me he had the stomach flu and a viral infection. Basically, 3 hours and probably near a thousand dollars (thank GOD the military pays for it!!) to tell me that I can't do anything to help him feel better except Tylenol and Motrin on rotation and lots of fluids.

George stayed home while we were at the ER so that he could get up and go to a welcome/informational breakfast. As soon as that was over, he woke us up and he headed to St. Louis to pick up my Jeep. We dropped it off at the port in Honolulu on October 30 and were told it would take 33 days. I got an email last Friday (Nov 14) saying it was already there! It took 9 hours (round trip), but we made it there and back and we have one of our OWN vehicles.

We spent some time while driving talking about the houses we've seen and narrowed it down to 3. All three are vacant, so we're hoping the owners will let us pay "rent" and move in early so that we can get out of this hotel ASAP. We see the three houses one more time tomorrow morning and we're hoping to make an offer by lunchtime.

Otherwise, we're good, but very tired. My precious little man was a champion today, sleeping most of the time in the car. I'm hoping that all the sleep today was catch up from what he's missed out on the last 3 days and that he'll sleep through the night tonight. George and I really need the uninterrupted sleep!

No comments: