baby

baby development

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well, THAT was an adventure!

Brady is officially the best flying baby (toddler) ever.

Exactly one hour before we left for the airport in Hawaii, Brady spiked a fever - 101.9. Then Jeff called on his way to get us and said that the highway we had to take was shut down because of an overturned vehicle. We figured out an alternate route and I dosed Brady with Tylenol, but man, did I think it was a SURE sign that we were not supposed to fly!

Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:45 - I think we were finally boarding at that point. We left nearly a half hour late. Brady couldn't fall asleep until the movie ended because the screen was right above us and the light from it was bothering him, so he didn't fall asleep until around 11:30 (I guess the good part is that he got another dose of Tylenol in because he wasn't sleeping). He only slept about 4 hours, though he was quiet in his carseat the whole time. When we got off the plane, we all had a quick breakfast and Brady basically stood in front of us and whined. Wouldn't drink, wouldn't eat anything except part of one of those big chocolate chip cookies. So you'd think he was just fine, right? LOL.

Side note: Little Richard was on our flight from Dallas to Nashville! DECKED out - gold/yellow suit with a bronze/orange pattern in sequins on the front of the jacket. Hair all done, etc. We were the last ones off of the plane except for LR and he looked at Brady and said "What's up little man?" So cool. I totally geeked out about it after we were long out of earshot. Of course, then we saw him after we got our luggage in one of the elevators (since they were wheeling him around in a wheelchair) and he waved at us and said "See ya later, little man." Gotta love star sightings.

Anyway, Brady fought sleep the whole second leg of the trip. His runny nose turned green and he just felt HOT all over. I felt completely helpless - I have no idea where the hospitals or the army medical places are on post, so I don't know how to begin to help him. He was a complete trooper while we looked at 4 vacant houses before the (lack of) daylight made us call it a day. We're heading back out tomorrow, but not before I've switched Brady (and I) to this base's Tricare system. He's just miserable - runny (green) nose, cough that sounds like a frog is stuck in his throat, fever. We're alternating motrin and tylenol, but he refuses to drink anything and the only things he ate today were a half a big chocolate chip cookie and 2 snack packs of applesauce. He keeps crying in his sleep too - something I've NEVER heard him do.

I completely broke down into tears when Brady wouldn't stop crying when we got back to the hotel room earlier. I just hate knowing that he's hurting and I can't figure out what to do differently. I know part of my emotions is because of pregnancy hormones and part from lack of sleep/rest, but I just want my healthy, happy little boy back.

To top it all off, I somehow LOCKED my Verizon cell-phone (though I've never set up a code), so I could not call or text anyone or access my saved numbers on my phone. Thankfully, my mommy friends are SO intelligent and they helped me figure it out (it's the last 4 numbers of your cell if you have not set up a code).

After over 36 hours of being awake, I'm off to....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: