Whitney will be here on Friday!! I'm so excited to see my best friend - I can't believe it's been 10.5 months since I last saw her at Honolulu Airport. I'm SO blessed to have a friend who is willing and able to come to visit us as we travel around the United States. It's also refreshing, in a way. Whitney and I might get so caught up in our physical day-to-day life that we forget or run out of time in the day to call each other on a regular basis, but we're ALWAYS able to pick right back up where we left off, like it was a few hours instead of a few weeks since we last spoke.
And, I will selfishly admit, it's ALWAYS easier to parent Brady when there are additional pairs of loving hands to help!
The house is complete with the exception of two drapery panels. Silly me - I bought one for Lexi's room and one for the living room, thinking it would be no time at all for the stores to get more stock in. Unfortunately, neither has been restocked! I'm trying to be patient and to remind myself that it REALLY doesn't matter - I'm the only one who thinks things look unfinished. :)
As of Friday, Lexi's room will be officially complete, as well (except for that darn curtain, LOL). My parents offered to buy her bedroom furniture to help us prepare for her arrival and the dresser/changing table has been on back order. It finally came off of back order and is currently on its way to Tennessee! It should be here Friday (which I see becoming a project for either Friday or Saturday), and I can't describe how satisfying it will be to put her clothes away in her dresser.
I NEED to remember to pack my hospital bag this week! I had contractions Sunday night for about 20 minutes, but there was no pattern to them, they were not long enough to make a doctor concerned, and they stopped when I drank a bottle of water. Lexi is just getting ready to make her entrance! I can't believe this pregnancy is almost over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
:) Those are the best kind of friends!
Good luck at the new place, and PS...I love the name Lexi. Is it short for anything?
Lexi is short for "Alexandria" since George and I had our first date in Alexandria, VA 6 years ago!
Post a Comment