baby

baby development

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Upcoming Events

In an effort to focus on the positive things and not on how many hours it's been since my last 800mg of Motrin, I'm looking ahead at the rest of August and September.

August 20 - Orientation for Brady's Part Day Toddler Program (PDTP). I was so excited to find this affordable program on base. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Brady will go to the PDTP from 8:30am to 11:30am. I'm hoping he'll meet little friends and get a push towards talking more (we're at 43 words/phrases) and maybe a little visual incentive to start using the potty. I'm looking forward to the one-on-one time with Lexi, the ability to run some errands with just one kid, and possibly some quiet time for working on school work.

August 25 - Brady's first day of PDTP! I also have my Point of Contact (POC) class on base and my first Family Readiness Group (FRG) meeting as a POC that night. What a busy day!

August 27 - My statistics final is due this day. I'm just praying to pass the class, though the professor seems to think I can do much better than "just pass" - we'll see!

August 28 - Another busy one - Brady will be going to hourly daycare on base in the morning while Lexi and I head over to Blanchfield Army Community Hospital (BACH) for her follow-up ABR (Auditory Brainstem Response) test for her hearing. I'm fully expecting this to be a breeze, just like the one back in April. George also has his E-6 promotion board that day. It's very important for George to get through the board successfully so that when the points finally drop, he can be promoted! I'm almost 95% sure that the television will not be on during the last week of August and we're kindly asking anyone who might read this to keep us in your prayers for the full week!

September 1, 8, 10 - I'm taking a workshop called "Parenting 1, 2, 3, 4!" at the Family Resource Center (FRC) on base. Classes include, "Ages and Stages," "Building the Bond," "Discipline Skills," "Avoiding Accidents & Problems," "Choices and Consequences," and "Encouragement." I'm very excited about taking these classes and learning even more about being a great parent since the information is geared towards parents of children aged 1-4.

September 19 - George will be competing in the Air Force half-marathon while I participate in the 10K. I was thrilled to find out I was allowed to change my registration to a shorter race instead of having to drop it all together. The race officials were very helpful on the phone and through e-mail in facilitating the switch.

October 4 - I'll be back in VA to run the Army 10-miler with Whitney, Tiffany and Kathy! I'm anticipating being in VA from the Wednesday prior until the Wednesday after (September 30 to October 7) to see Washington DC, spend time with family, and visit with friends I haven't seen recently. We think George will be at a class then, so I won't be "needed" at home.

It really does feel good to focus on the good things!!

No comments: