We've been so busy, I haven't updated in almost a month!
Mom and Dad bought us our minivan and we went up on Dad's birthday weekend to get it. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and showing Lexi off to our family and friends. Mom and Dad even let George and I have dinner out with Amber and Ron and this cute little restaurant in Perrysburg, OH - Stella's. The check engine light came on not 1 mile into our trip home, so Brady, Lexi, and I got an extra 2 days with my parents. George drove home all by himself on Monday and I did the same on Wednesday with the kids. What an experience! We are so thankful to have the support of family who doesn't want us to struggle.
Lexi had her urology appointment right after we got back and everything was NORMAL! Little Lexi is perfectly healthy. I was really worried about this appointment, so hearing that everything is normal was a huge relief. We will still have the hearing test again in August/September and another urology appointment in November, but at this point, they are all going to be check ups to confirm that everything is normal.
Lexi also had her 4 month appointment on June 12. She is now 15 pounds, 13 ounces, and 24.5 inches long. I can't believe how big she is already. I thought it went by fast with Brady, but it seems like it's going twice as fast now that there are two kids. I'm not wishing Lexi to be one day older or more advanced than where she is. She's such a joyful little girl and she is so much more talkative and expressive than Brady has ever been. She's going to be such a gabber once she starts to really talk. I'm just happy to watch her giggle and "talk" to us and roll all over! It's been a very fun month watching her hit her milestones.
I'm almost finished with the semester from hell. I take two classes each semester, one in each session. This semester, though, started at the beginning of March and I thought it would be too much to deal with a newborn and a class at the same time. I waited until Lexi was 8 weeks old and took 2 classes during the second session so that I could keep my financial aid. WOW, has it been tough to stay on top of everything and feel good about it. As of now, I have taken my math final (96%!) and I only have my health services final to finish. I'm really proud that I've gotten A's in every assignment up until now and I am excited to finish the semester and continue to make Dean's List.
We're also getting ready to leave for Disney World on Friday. I'm so excited to take a vacation as a family. We are going with George's parents. We'll all go to the parks in the mornings, then his parents and the kids will leave around lunch time so the kids can get naps and George and I will finish the parks. We are also going to be able to go out in the evenings. I can't wait for the alone time with George and to see how excited Brady is when he sees all of the Disney characters. I will be sure to share photos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment